BC Landscape Training & Consultancy CC would like to welcome Brunny Mautla as our new Managing Member in Gauteng. Brunny brings with her, a wealth of knowledge and experience about the Horticultural Industry as well as new, fresh ideas on how BC Landscape Training can improve and move forward as an established competitor in the Industry. Bob Carrington will still be involved in the capacity as Mentor to Brunny Mautla for a specified time period.
This month we have said good-bye to Wendy Marx who was with BC Landscape Training for the last 7 years. In her place, we welcome Nomsa Legodi who came highly recommended as an Intern from Johannesburg City Parks and we look forward to working with her.
NEW LEARNING INITIATIVE
Earlier this year, BC landscape Training extended our scope and were awarded a Discretionary Grant from Services Seta for a learning intervention programme called New Venture Creation Level 2, for 200 unemployed learners. This learning programme (NVC) was developed to equip the New Venture business person with the necessary skills to be an aspirant business person.
This is a wonderful opportunity and honour for us as a Company, as we strive to empower both unemployed and employed learners.
We are very proud of our facilitators who are running this programme: Lerato Thipe; Richard Baloyi; Hellen Matiza; and Armstrong Mpinda;
Khanyisa Boyce and Martin Sibanyoni (have recently joined the Team).
Additional Contributions by BC Landscape Training
BC Landscape Training complemented the qualification by offering an additional Skills Programme in Horticulture to run alongside NVC for these unemployed youths at no additional costs. We look forward to seeing this success story unfold.
Community facilities were targeted as training facilities with the intention of encouraging local youth community participation and instilling a sense of pride to their environment. We are very proud to announce our list of stakeholders and their commitments:
- Johannesburg City Parks – parks and recreation department offered their training venue for both theory and practical training for the learners (65 learners hosted).
- Libra Landscapes and Servest – offers mentorship and facilities for both theory and practical training with the exit path of employing the learners after completion of the learnership (43 learners hosted collectively).
- Thembisa Home for the Elderly – opened their centre for both theory and practical training, in exchange for the usage of the venue, BC Landscape has offered to create a vegetable garden for the sustainability of the home (36 learners hosted).
- Itereleng Home for The Disabled – opened their centre for both theory and practical training, in exchange for the usage of the venue, and we have offered to create a vegetable garden for the home (40 learners hosted)
- Mogale City Municipality – parks and recreation department offered venue for both practical and theory training. In exchange for the usage of the venue, a tea garden will be created (16 learners hosted).
We, currently, are also running an Irrigation Level 1 – 10 day programme for the Soweto Association of Persons with Disabilities, as an Agri-Seta Short Skills Programme. This Programme will be completed towards the end of September 2017.
Earlier in the year, between March and June 2017, we conducted an RPL Arboriculture NQF Level 3 programme for Ekurhuleni North, South and East, for a total of 50 learners.
BC Landscapes is also facilitating the following Agri-Seta Learnerships:
All Scapes – Ornamental Horticulture Level 1 to 4
Ballstraathof – Ornamental Horticulture Level 2
Clark Horticulture – Ornamental Horticulture Level 3
Execuflora – Ornamental Horticulture Level 2
Hlumelelisa – Ornamental Horticulture Level 4
Libra Landscapes – Ornamental Horticulture Level 1, 3 & 4
Southern Turf – Ornamental Horticulture Levels 3 & 4
Tshala Plant – Ornamental Horticulture Level 2
LG Seta Learnerships
The Learnerships we were awarded from LG SETA are in the following outlying areas:
– City of Matlosana Municipality
– Ga-Segonyana Municipality
– Msunduzi Municipality
– Polokwane Municipality
– Mbombela Municipality
– Western Cape
– Tlokwe Municipality
For the above areas, there is a total of 123 employed learners and 12 unemployed learners for 2016 / 2017 and 23 employed learners and 45 unemployed learners for 2017 / 2018.
During the course of 2017 and 2018, our Member and Facilitator, Kwakwa Mokgolobotho, is running a Cathsseta Learnership, NQF Level 4 –Sports Turf Maintenance, for Phumelela Gaming & Leisure for 15 Learners. The feedback we have received thus far is positive.
Two learners who previously took part in an NQF Level 4 learnership programme at Phumelela Gaming & Leisure, are part of a wonderful success story, in that they were identified as the 2 star/top students and were given an opportunity by BC Landscape Training & Consultancy CC to become facilitators. Well done Lerato Tipe and Lerato Makgoro!
Between the months of April to June 2017, the following programmes were conducted for Randwater:
Arboriculture Level 1 – 10 day
Chainsaw Level 1 – 5 day
Landscape Maintenance Level 4 – 10 day
Sports Turf Maintenance Level 1 – 10 day
As a growing Company, moving forward, we aspire to improve in all areas of training in the Horticultural Industry and in so doing continue to provide quality training.
- Group 2 of the 18.2 Broll NQF Level 2 Horticulture Learnerships have also commenced their work place experience along with Group 1. This group of learners are eager to learn and committed to the Learnership. Attendance of the workplace experience has been very good. It is a pleasure being part of this group of Learners. The training is facilitated by Andiswa Mnyaka.
- Stellenbosch Municipality: 9 learners completed their Gardening and Horticulture NQF Level 4 programme at the end of August. The quality of work being presented is very good, from 2 learners in particular. Facilitation was delivered by Ingrid Maloney and Esti du Toit.
- Saldanha Bay Municipality: we continue with the NQF Level 4 Learnerships. Both groups of learners have been doing excellent work. Programme is being delivered by Esti due Toit.
- Agri Seta Funded Learnership Programmes – Urban Landscape Solutions: we continue delivering training on NQF Level 1 Horticulture. The programme is being delivered by Ingrid Maloney and Andiswa Mnyaka.
- Agri Seta Funded Learnership Programmes – Execuflora: our training of NQF Level 2 Horticulture is still continuing. The training is going well and learner results are very good. The programme is being delivered by Andiswa Mnyaka.
- Agri Seta Funded Short Skills Programmes – Cape Contours: we have started with various short skills programmes – this includes Brushcutter Operator, Cultural practices Level 1 and Landscape Maintenance Level 2. The training is being delivered by Andiswa Mnyaka, Ingrid Maloney and Sivuyile Nombinja.
- Agri Seta Funded Short Skills Programme – Paradigm: we have started with short skills programmes – this includes Brushcutter & Mower Operator training and Plant Propagation. The training is being delivered by Andiswa Mnyaka and Sivuyile Nombinja.
- Agri Seta Funded Short Skills Programme – The Green Zone: we have started with short skills programmes – this includes Cultural Practices Level 3. The training is being delivered by Andiswa Mnyaka.
- Agri Seta Funded Short Skills Programme – Atlanticscapes: we have started with short skills programmes – this includes Landscape Maintenance Level 1 and Irrigation Level 2. The training is facilitated by Ingrid Maloney.
- LG Seta Funded Learnership Programme – Mosselbay Municipality: In August we commenced with training in Gardening & Horticulture NQF Level 4. We are very excited to work with the learners. They are also very enthusiastic about this qualification. Facilitation is being delivered by Ingrid Maloney.
11. LG Seta Funded Learnership Programme – Swellendam Municipality: In August we commenced with training in Landscaping NQF Level 3. We are very excited to work with these learners. They are also very enthusiastic about this qualification. Facilitation is being delivered by Ingrid Maloney.
- V&A Waterfront: NQF Level 1 Horticulture Learnerships are continuing. The programme is being delivered by Andiswa Mnyaka.
- Golf Data: we have started with Sports Turf NQF Level 4 National Certificate. We are very excited to assist these staff to achieve this milestone and thank Golf Data for investing in their employees as they do every year.
SEPTEMBER – DECEMBER 2017
- Golf Data, Broll, Saldanha Bay, Urban Landscape Solutions, V & A Waterfront and Execuflora, Mosselbay Municipality and Swellendam Municipality all remain for the rest of the year as these are 12 month programmes.