BC Landscape Training & Consultancy CC welcome’s you to a New Year!
May 2018 be a very Happy, Prosperous and Successful year for you!
We are proud to announce that our New Venture Programme is coming to an end on 2 May 2018. It has been an eventful Learnership and we look forward to sharing all the success stories with you on completion of the Learnership. We are also eager to continue working with Services Seta on programmes such as this, for New Venture Creation and in so doing, empower unemployed people to become successful Entrepreneurs.
BC Landscape Training is currently conducting NQF Level 4 Learnerships for Polokwane Municipality (LG Seta funded); Metsimaholo Municipality and Matlosana Municipality (LG Seta funded) being facilitated by Kwakwa Macdonald Mokgolobotho, Johannes Kubheka and George Mamadi.
Midvaal Municipality have completed self-funded short skills training with us, in Horticulture Level 1, Level 2 and Level 3.
Johannesburg City Parks have also recently completed training in Landscape Maintenance Level 1 & 2 as well as Arboriculture Tree Preservation Level 3.
We are also busy conducting short skills training in a variety of programmes which were awarded to us by Agri-Seta. these programmes are running in Gauteng, KZN and Cape Town.
BC Landscape Training encourages businesses to register themselves and become levy payers to Agri-Seta, as this will allow for the opportunity for us to allocate training programmes that are awarded to BC Landscape Training by Agri-Seta.
The start of a New Year is always an interesting one with business and individuals looking to improve their knowledge and skills.
Continuation Programmes: January – March
- Group 2 of the 18.2 Broll NQF Level 2 Horticulture Learnerships: will be continuing with their work place experience until March 2018. The work place experience is being implemented at Acacia Park Parliament Residential Complex. The workplace experience is being mentored by Jody Enterprises who are the maintenance contractors for this site. This group of learners are eager to learn and remain committed to the learnership. Attendance to the workplace experience have been very good. It is overall a pleasure being part of this group of learnerships.
- Agri Seta Funded Learnership Programmes – Urban Landscape Solutions: we continue delivering training on NQF Level 1 Horticulture for Urban Landscape Solutions. The programme is being delivered by our very competent Andiswa Mnyaka.
- Agri Seta Funded Learnership Programmes – Execuflora: our training of NQF Level 2 Horticulture for Execuflora is still continuing. The training is going well and learner results are very good. The programme is being delivered by Andiswa Mnyaka.
- LG Seta Funded Learnership Programme – Mosselbay Municipality: In August we commenced with training for Mosselbay Municipality, Gardening & Horticulture NQF Level 4. They have covered the components of Garden Design and Landscape Construction and well as Plant Biology and Plant Selections. This group of learners are performing well under the facilitation of Ingrid Maloney and their work place mentors. They remain very enthusiastic about this qualification.
- LG Seta Funded Learnership Programme – Swellendam Municipality: In August we commenced with training for Swellendam Municipality, Landscaping NQF Level 3.These learners are doing well under the facilitation of Ingrid Maloney and their workplace Mentors. The municipal manager has conveyed his great satisfaction at the training work being done and makes a point of seeing the group of learners each month at training.
- V&A Waterfront: NQF Level 1 Horticulture Learnerships are continuing. These learners are doing excellent work at this level and there is the possibility that they will progress onto NQF level 2 Horticulture, once they have completed level 1 in February. The programme is being delivered by our very competent Andiswa Mnyaka.
- Golf Data: we have started with Sports Turf NQF Level 4 National Certificate. We are very excited to assist these staff to achieve this milestone and thank Golf Data for investing in their employees as they do every year. This programme is being facilitated by Esti du Toit and the individual reports of the learners indicates that they will all be successful in the qualification, giving them the opportunity in the company to work alongside the Assistant Greenkeepers and eventually be able to full fill such positions.
Swartland Municipality: January
Our successful appointment to deliver a 10 day Short Skills Turf Management level 1 programme for 10 learners is scheduled from 22 January – 2 February 2018. The following unit standards are going to be facilitated by Ingrid Maloney
|119697 Mowing lawns in Sports Turf areas|
|119703 Sports Turf Soils|
|1196989 Sports Turf Grasses|
|119704 Establish and area of turf by seed|
|119695 Applying fertilisers to sports turf|
|119702 Applying water to sports turf|
|119694 Control weeds manually in sports turf|
|119708 Identifying and reporting common pests of turf
Cape Contours: January – March
BC Landscape Training will be delivering a 10 day Short Skills Programme in Landscape Maintenance level 1 to a group of learners involved in an Urban Renewal project which falls under the construction of Cape Contours. The Landscape Architects in the Western Cape are very good about including training of local individuals in the areas where they have designed or worked on urban renewal works. The programme will be facilitated by Andiswa Mnyaka and Sivuyile Nombinja on the following unit standards.
Unit standard 119707 Applying Health and Safety in Horticulture
Unit standard 119711 Understanding basic plant structure
Unit standard 119702 Applying water to landscaped areas
Unit standard 119714 Understanding the role and requirements of water in plants
Unit standard 119696 Identifying and preparing soils for planting
Unit standard 119695 Applying fertiliser manually to ornamental plants and landscapes
Unit standard 119694 Control weeds manually
Unit standard 119710 Pruning and shaping ornamental shrubs
Unit standard 119708 Identifying and reporting common pests in landscaped areas
Unit standard 119706 Planting and establishing ornamental plants form containers into open ground.
We are delivering a 5 day Novice Chainsaw Operator training and the training will be facilitated by our very competent facilitator Sivuyile Nombinja.
Broll and EPWP: January – March
Following from Horticulture NQF level 2 Group1, this group of 18.2 learners will commence their 3rd year with BC Landscape Training and will now start the National Certificate NQF Level 3 Landscaping. Their institutional training period will be for 3 months after which they will return to the Parliament Residential where they will once again do their workplace experience under the mentor of the landscape contractors.
City of Cape Town Municipality:
BC Landscape Training was successful in the RFQ for the training of staff in Grass Cutting Techniques.
The operating skills to be trained are Walk behind Mower, Ride on Mower and Tractor with Implements. A total of 76 delegates to undergo training as operators. Training will be done at Municipal depots using their equipment. A request was that we add more focus on the Health and Safety of all items and areas and provide additional signed assessment for the employer that this has in fact been adequately address in the learning period.
Training will be facilitated by Sivuyile Nombinja and Sakkie Nel.
The team in Cape Town is made up of very qualified and competent staff:
Sandi Gillman, Esti du Toit, Ingrid Maloney, Andiswa Mnyaka, Sivuyile Nombinja, Ian Steven, Eric Mayekiso, Fred Lewis and Sakkie Nel.