We have recently completed Agri-Seta 2017/2018 Learnership Programmes with the following companies: Clark Horticulture; All Scapes (Ornamental Horticulture NQF Level 1 and NQF Level 2); Execuflora Gauteng & KZN; Ballstraathof; Tshala Plant; Hlumelelisa and Libra Landscapes (NQF Levels 1, 3 & 4).
The Cathsseta Learnership we are conducting with Phumelela in NQF Level 4 is still in progress.
BC Landscape Training is also still busy conducting LG Seta funded Learnerships for:
- City of Matlosana
- Ga-Segonyana Municipality
- City of Mbombela Municipality
- Msunduzi Municipality
- Polokwane Municipality
Recently we have begun training for Zwartkops, a learnership in Sports Turf Maintenance NQF Level 4, which is privately funded. We look forward to working with them.
Our New Venture Creation Learnerships through Services Seta, will be completed at the end of April 2018 and we will share the success stories as well as the highest achievers on the Programme at a later date. BC Landscape Training has been conducting Horticulture training alongside the New Venture Creation Training.
Short Skills Training
Libra Landscapes have also completed Agri-Seta funded Short Skills Training in Landscape Maintenance Level 3 and Plant Production.
We are currently conducting training for Masingita in Landscape Maintenance Level 1.
- Group 2 of the 18.2 Broll NQF Level 2 Horticulture learnerships will be continuing with their work place experience until end of April 2018. The work place experience is being implemented at Acacia Park Parliament Residential Complex. The workplace experience is being mentored by Jody Enterprises who are the maintenance contractors for this site. This group of learners are eager to learn and remain committed to the learnership. Attendance to the workplace experience have been very good. It is overall a pleasure being part of this group of learnerships.
- Agri Seta Funded Learnership Programmes Southern Turf Management : we have just commenced delivering training on NQF Level 1 Horticulture for 15 learners from Southern Turf Management. The programme is being delivered by our very competent Ingrid Maloney and Sivuyile Nombinja.
- Agri Seta Funded Learnership Programmes Paradigm Garden Concepts: we will commence with 1 learner for Paradigm Garden Concepts on the Horticulture NQF Level 3 qualification at the beginning of May. The programme will be delivered by Andiswa Mnyaka.
- LG Seta Funded Learnership Programme Mosselbay Municipality: We continue with these learnerships. In August 2017 we commenced with training for Mosselbay Municipality Gardening & Horticulture NQF Level 4. They have covered the components of Garden Design, Landscape Construction, Health and Safety, Horticultural Equipment, Arboriculture, Landscape Management, Plant Biology and Plant selections. This group of learners are performing well under the facilitation of Ingrid Maloney and their work place mentors. They remain very enthusiastic about this qualification.
- LG Seta Funded Learnership Programme Swellendam Municipality: we continue with these learnerships. In August 2017 we commenced with training for Swellendam Municipality Landscaping NQF Level 3.These learners are doing well under the facilitation of Ingrid Maloney and their workplace Mentors. The Municipal Manager has conveyed his great satisfaction at the training work being done and makes a point of seeing the group of learners each month at training.
- V&A Waterfront: NQF Level 2 Horticulture Learnerships will be commencing in mid- April 2018. These learners have moved from NQF Level1 which they completed in February. The client is in the process of career pathing for these members of their Outdoor Garden and Grounds team. The programme is being delivered by our very competent Andiswa Mnyaka.
- Golf Data: Once again the client is committed to staff training and we will commence with Sports Turf Level 1, Level 2 and Level 3 Short Skills programmes in June .The Sports Turf NQF Level 4 learners completed their programme and their portfolios are currently being marked, assessed and moderated.
- City of Cape Town Municipality:We have completed this training of staff in Grass Cutting Techniques. The operating skills to be trained were Walk behind Mower, Ride on Mower and Tractor with Implements. A total of 76 delegates underwent training as operators. Training was done at Municipal depots using their equipment. A request was that we add more focus on the Health and Safety of all items and areas and provide additional signed assessment for the employer that this has in fact been adequately address in the learning period. Training was facilitated by Ingrid Maloney,Sivuyile Nombinja, Andiswa Mnyaka and John Peach.
- Tree Pruning: 3 day Tree Pruning course will be run for Servest Landscaping. Course to be delivered by Sivuyile Nombinja and Andiswa Mnyaka.
- Chainsaw Operator Training: 3 day chainsaw operator training was delivered for City of Cape Town Municipality Open Spaces and Nature Conservation. The learners are all from a programme on Nature Conservation sponsored by the city. The learning programme was very successful and delivered by Sivuyile Nombinja.
- Witzenberg Municipality: BC Landscape Training has just been awarded the contract to deliver National Certificate in Gardening and Horticulture NQF Level 4 for 6 learners who are the Supervisors in the Parks Department. We will conduct a pre-selection assessment on Tuesday 10th April for the most suitable learners to engage on the 12 month programme and the successful learners will then commence on 17th April. Facilitation will be done by Esti du Toit.
- Group 1 of the 18.2 Broll NQF Level 3 Horticulture learnerships: these 15 learners will complete their institutional training on 10th April with a visit to Reliance Compost plant and to Just Trees Nursery. We have worked very hard with this group of learners to make them work ready as they will complete their workplace experience until mid-December. Their opportunities for the real working world will be better following our hard work with them this year.